The Applied Economics Department hosts 4-6 seminars annually, bringing leaders in the field to Corvallis to present their latest research.
Below is the schedule for 2017/2018 – check back for more details.
- October 20, 2017 - Grant McDermott, Professor of Economics, University of Oregon. 3:30 - 5:00 PM. Milam Hall 019. Seminar title: "Hydro Power. Market Might"
- April 6, 2018 - Andrew Foster, Professor of Economics and Health Services Policy and Practice, Brown University. 3:30 - 5:00 PM. Milam Hall 019. Seminar title: "Are There Too Many Farms in the World? Labor-Market Transaction Costs, Machine Capacities, and Optimal Farm Size"
- April 13, 2018 - Richard Horan, Professor of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Michigan State University 3:30 - 5:00 PM. Milam Hall 019. Seminar title: "Distorting Emissions Permit Markets to Reduce Welfare Losses from Sub-Optimal Caps"
- May 4, 2018 POSTPONED until November 2, 2018 - Ed Taylor, Professor of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California at Davis
- May 18, 2018 - Chris Costello, Professor of Resource Economics, University of California at Santa Barbara. 3:30 - 5:00 PM. Owen Hall 103. Seminar title: "Mining and quasi-option value"
Seminars are from 3:30 - 5:00 PM - locations TBA.
A listing of previous AEC seminars is here.