Come study with us in beautiful Oregon!
Why choose Oregon State University for a graduate degree in Applied Economics?
- Our highly-ranked Applied Economics degrees train students in advanced economic theory and quantitative economic analysis methods leading to analytical and policy applications. The program emphasizes economic applications to real-world settings and cross-disciplinary collaborations in two primary fields: environmental and resource economics and development economics
- The close proximity of federal agencies such as USDA, EPA, NOAA, USFWS, and DOE, and state agencies such as Oregon’s Departments of Agriculture and Environmental Quality, create unique opportunities to engage in research and collaborations with truly interdisciplinary faculty and researchers
- Our program size allows for students to have frequent and focused interaction with our world class faculty, as well as small class sizes
- Over half of our PhD degree recipients have been placed in academic positions; the others obtaining positions with consulting firms, state and federal research agencies, and research departments of major banks, industry, and trade associations
- The Applied Economics department is committed to diversity.
- Recently named the #4 college town in America, Corvallis is less than 1 hr. 30 minutes from Portland, an hour away from the Oregon Coast, and just over an hour away from the mountains